Have you ever heard of Ice Cream Bread?
Try this with Prigel's Ice Cream!
ICE CREAM BREAD (Two ingredients!)
Perfect for making with the kids and infinite varieties
Makes One 8 x 4 loaf
2 Cups Ice Cream, any flavor, softened
1 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Spray and flour a 8 x 4 loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl mix the ice cream and flour together until just combined.
3. Scoop into the loaf and smooth out.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the loaf comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it.
5. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
For best results..use full fat ice-cream!
You MUST have a rising agent in the flour!
Self-rising flour is an easy solution (and commonly available).
However, if you don’t have self-rising flour accessible, you can make it very simply:
For every cup of flour add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt (sift together).
(Recipe found on Facebook: At Home With Terri)
If you can't find Prigel's at the Tuesday Market,
their ice cream is in the freezer at
The Green Onion,
5500 Harford Road.
Apples are starting to appear at Fetter's Fruit Farm!
Here is an easy recipe using Zahradka's potatoes!
Cut a baking potato almost all the way through in small slices.
Drizzle olive oil, a little butter, sea salt and pepper over the potato.
Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes.
Chef Mac will be on vacation...
For you die-hard fans, this is your
chance to try something new!
Plenty of great food will still
be ready & waiting at the
Tuesday Market in Lauraville.