Don't forget to celebrate
NATIONAL FARMERS MARKET WEEK
(Aug. 7th- Aug. 13th)
Reasons to love and celebrate farmers markets, especially the Tuesday Market:
1. Fresh, local, healthy produce! What more could you ask for? Look out for some of these things that are currently in season: corn, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, peppers, eggs, honey, cantaloupes, eggplants, and peaches are just a few!
The wonderful women behind Twin Compass Farm, Emily and Amanda.
2. There is a 17% increase from last year in farmers markets across the nation! Keep the increase rising by visiting and supporting your local market(s)!
3. A great way to get in additional family and/or friend time while supporting the community! I'm not sure if there is a certified study on increased happiness and farmers markets, but I wouldn't be surprised. Why don't you give it a try?
Some people enjoying their dinners and hanging out at the market.
4. Don't feel like cooking? Chef Mac, Clementine, Hamilton Bakery, Red Canoe, and Zeke's Coffee represent some of our Hamilton-Lauraville neighborhood staples and are setup to offer delicious offerings at the market. Love what you had for dinner? Just walk down the street to enjoy more, any day of the week!
Red Canoe Cafe and Zeke's Coffee are two of the residing buisnesss' on Harford Road.
5. What better way to support farmers, their farms, and general agricultural land, then to shop at farmers markets. You get to talk to the people who are actually growing YOUR food and help save agricultural land at the same time. Strike up a conversation with a farmer at the market and you might just make a new friend.